LINES OF THE DAY

". . . But the past does not exist independently from the present. Indeed, the past is only past because there is a present, just as I can point to something over there only because I am here. But nothing is inherently over there or here. In that sense, the past has no content. The past -- or more accurately, pastness -- is a position. Thus, in no way can we identify the past as past." p. 15

". . . But we may want to keep in mind that deeds and words are not as distinguishable as often we presume. History does not belong only to its narrators, professional or amateur. While some of us debate what history is or was, others take it into their own hands." p. 153

Silencing the Past: Power and the Production of History (1995) by Michel-Rolph Trouillot

Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Protests Resume; One Election Is Only The Beginning

      . . . . Last night may have been more quiet than the River Styx, but tonight it is the opposite. Flotillas of police helicopters polluting the atmosphere both chemically and sonically.  Big demo demanding "COUNT ALL THE VOTES" marching up from Brooklyn to Washington Square Park.

It's been a beautiful day here -- though I wasn't able to go out in it due to working all day in the kitchen and laundry >!< but others such el V were and darling K, who happened to be in the nabe and invited me out to play.  But I was working at work that couldn't be left.  I was so sorry.  I'd have loved a masked hang with K.

I guess we all understand that One Election cannot fix the wreckage and ruin that is this nation (and the world).  We can't stop now. 

Happy to see that the Working Class Families Party gained here this election -- the governor tried his damnedest to get it removed from the ballot.  I voted for my candidates under the Working Class Families column . . . .

All of NYC went exhaustively across the board for Biden-Harris -- with exception of the Fort Apache of Staten Island. (not the Bronx, the original cop Fort Apache (1981) film, 


nor the John Ford WesternFort Apache from 1948).

New Jersey decriminalized recreational MJ.  Which means one no longer needs a doctor's license to print money letter to get medical MJ?  I sure wish that would happen here. But again, the governor is totally against it.

Tomorrow, tomorrow I'll go outside!  All afternoon!  In the sunshine!

No comments: