LINES OF THE DAY

". . . But the past does not exist independently from the present. Indeed, the past is only past because there is a present, just as I can point to something over there only because I am here. But nothing is inherently over there or here. In that sense, the past has no content. The past -- or more accurately, pastness -- is a position. Thus, in no way can we identify the past as past." p. 15

". . . But we may want to keep in mind that deeds and words are not as distinguishable as often we presume. History does not belong only to its narrators, professional or amateur. While some of us debate what history is or was, others take it into their own hands." p. 153

Silencing the Past: Power and the Production of History (1995) by Michel-Rolph Trouillot

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Last Word On This For Awhile

Because it is time to focus on Obama and Biden, who are out there fighting, and fighting smart, and keeping their eyes on all the balls at the same time all the time and they deserve us keeping our eyes on them in support.

Look and listen to Joe Biden in Pennsylvania!

Do not tell me it makes no difference right now who gets to D.C. It matters very much to have Obama and Biden in D.C.,, if only to give us a bit of a slow down and breathing space.

The other 2? They are -- 2 wannabe also rans, running together for the very first time!

He's tried to be POTUS how many often? How often did he crash planes?He wasn't a hero, he was a pow -- not the equivalent at all, because if so, by golly, those guys incarcerated for years of torture and humiliation in Guantánamo are too. She didn't make it as Miss Alaska. She ran to being a gov because she was being recalled as mayor. They both fail upward in the grand reThugzcriminalwelfaremanner.

This is the ticket of the Runners-up, the Wannabes, the Also Rans -- the cowards, the liars, the crybabies.

And now, that off my admirable chest, I'm going to concentrate on the Good Guys, not the runners-up.

I think the outer skirts of Hanna have arrived. It's raining. And blowing. I just came in from outside because of that. I was walking somewhere when it began, so I thought I should go home, as I hadn't taken an umbrella. Nor am I doing laundry per the mayor's advice, even though Vaquero's off to Colombia early next week to play in the Jazz Fest. Argh.

No comments: