A pile of requests had been waiting for me at the library, so I was there when the doors opened at 10 a.m.
- Slavery by Another Name: The Re-Enslavement of Black Americans from the Civil War to World War II by Douglas A. Blackmon
- James Buchanan by Jean H. Baker
- Gender and Jim Crow by Glenda Elizabeth Gilmore
- Beowulf translated by Seamus Heaney, the Illustrated Edition
- Havana Red by Leonardo Padura
- Age of Bronze, Part 1 -3A, The Story of the Trojan War by Eric Shanower (graphic novel)
It's all bedtime reading though, with the exception of two titles for the ongoing research.
I've already made the sticky rice so it will be cold, with the shrimp, tofu and chicken by dinner time. The rice is the bed for spinach, sliced avocado, mango, green and red bell peppers, drizzled with chili-seseme oil and lemon and lime juice.