LINES OF THE DAY

". . . But the past does not exist independently from the present. Indeed, the past is only past because there is a present, just as I can point to something over there only because I am here. But nothing is inherently over there or here. In that sense, the past has no content. The past -- or more accurately, pastness -- is a position. Thus, in no way can we identify the past as past." p. 15

". . . But we may want to keep in mind that deeds and words are not as distinguishable as often we presume. History does not belong only to its narrators, professional or amateur. While some of us debate what history is or was, others take it into their own hands." p. 153

Silencing the Past: Power and the Production of History (1995) by Michel-Rolph Trouillot

Thursday, June 7, 2007

My Blog's Gone Away

I did this thing which I'd been planning to do for a long time, which was get my gmail account.

Even though I was very confused, since I had to have a google account anyway to keep this Blog on this site.

So, today, I did that registration thing, and I lost all capacity to deal with my other google accounted Blogspot blog. Which was already really Fox Home point 2. Because I'd done what I thought was already the upgrade.

So I lost that Fox Home on Blogspot, which was really point 2 already.

And now we have this one, which I will still call Fox Home point 2.

But I've lost all my archive.

Fortunately, I backed up the stuff there that mattered. And I have it elsewhere. But still. There was no warning that this would happen. Though I was suspicious, which is why it took me this long to activate an invite gmail account, which I did, finally, as another backup for mss. and works in progress and so on.

But I am unhappy about this situation, since there was no warning. And why in hell is there no protocol listed anywhere for importing one's lost archives from one's previous versions of Blogspot blog?

However, for more interesting reading, go to the link I've re-instated:

http://www.artsjournal.com/listengood/

To find out what we did last night.

The best music ever. And I wept.

New Orleans. They keep wanting to kill you.

No comments: